Upcoming Entries

I'll think of more.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stop and Go - Load Shedding/Rolling Blackout

We all experienced the inconvenient loss of power at one point or another, but can you imagine it happening one or two hours, three/four times a day? If you travel to Bangladesh you'll put up with load shedding/rolling blackouts, deliberate power outages that occur because in simple economical terms, demand exceeds supply. Most homes have IPS (Instant Power Supply) a rechargeable power source that supplies enough power to keep the lights on during a blackout.

For me, the worst part about these blackouts was not being able to have the fan on. My best buddy, the internet, became my elusive enemy. I only had enough time to check my school and personal email accounts before I loss connection. I didn't bother watching TV because by the time I got engrossed in what I was watching the television would shut off like it was teasing me. Work, school, entertainment, life in general centers around this stop and go electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment